Key Details of YouTube Movie Maker
- Make, upload, manage, and promote YouTube videos
- Last updated on 05/27/20
- There have been 2 updates within the past 6 months
- The current version has 0 flags on VirusTotal
YouTube Movie Maker is a complete solution for helping you create, upload, and manage your YouTube videos, all from one streamlined interface. Whether you need to create videos for work, or you just like to do it for fun, you’ll enjoy the convenience of having all of these tools in one place.
Adding and arranging: When you’re ready to make a movie, your first step will be to choose what type of files to add. Options include Video, Audio, Image, Icon, and Lyric. You can add any and all of these to the same project and then move them around on the Timeline until you have them where you want them. And if you’re new to this type of program, there’s a convenient Movie Wizard to guide you through the process.
Direct publishing: When you think you have all of your clips, images, and other files in place, you can preview your movie right from the app’s main interface. And if you’re happy with what you see, all you have to do is click the button for Publish to YouTube to get your video online. Alternately, you can save the finished product to your computer to upload or distribute later on.
Interface design: While the layout of the interface is clear and functional, the color scheme definitely leaves something to be desired. A lot of the text is in gray or brown lettering on a black background, and some menus are even light gray on dark gray, making them almost impossible to read. There are several skins available for this program as well, and they all have the same issues in at least some parts of the interface.
YouTube Movie Maker is a convenient and agile tool to help you create videos that you can then directly publish online. The free version does put a 5-minute time limit on videos, but there is no limit on how many videos you can make or how long you can use the program for, and there is no watermark on published videos.
What’s new in version 18.56
- Now, the user could follow the new “Lyric Maker wizard” which helps the beginner make a lyric video quickly and easily to make a lyric video step by step.
- Now, the user could directly specify the moving steps by using the “Move Left/Right” option to move item in Timeline area.
- Now, the user could view the total duration when they are using the “Append Clone” option to clone item in Timeline area.
- Now, the user could quickly set font size and Types of multiple checked/unchecked lyric lines in the “Lyric Maker” UI.
- Now, the user could disable the lyric layer which he didn’t want to be displayed temporarily in the “Lyric Maker” UI.
- Now, the user could set the “Valid Time Period” of lyric layer in the “Lyric Maker” UI, that helps the user to directly hide some unwanted parts in the lyric video.
- Now, the user could directly set font size in the interface of Font option of “Text Effect Maker” UI.
- Now, the user could save all added fonts as a file in the interface of Font option of “Text Effect Maker” UI.
- New “3D Motion – 360 Rotation ” be added to Motion Effect module.
- Fixed: within “Media Cutter” UI, the program doesn’t refresh data in the lower right table when the user clicked “Set as Start” or “Set as End” button.
- Fixed: within Timeline area, applying “Replace Source” to an item which has “Transition Effect”, this item will be shortened.
- Fixed: within “Lyric Maker” UI, if a lyric sentence contains a Chinese punctuation, it will cause a display disorder.
Release May 27, 2020 Date Added May 27, 2020 Version 18.56
Operating Systems Windows, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 Additional Requirements Microsoft .Net Framework 4.5.2, Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x64 redistributable package
Total Downloads 514,273 Downloads Last Week 277